22 Comments

1. Frank Corcoran
    January 4th, 2017 @ 2:37 pm

I have bought both Gitar Theory and Playing Guitar but have been frustrated in trying to access the audio files, the reason I bought the books in the first place. Your Dec 29th note doesn’t clarify things because when one clicks on Book extras, it does nothing. Below that bold-faced heading you can sometimes catch a ghost-like text (only half of the letters showing) which disappear when the cursor approaches. Help!
    My e-mail is …corcorans@sympatico.ca…..
    Frank Corcoran

2. David
    January 4th, 2017 @ 4:11 pm

Hi Frank

When I look at the page (my browser is Internet Explorer), there is a line directly under “Book Extras” which reads “Download the audio tracks” which gets an underline when I put the cursor on it. Clicking on that should create a zip file for you on your computer. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thank you for buying both books. Now let’s get you set with the audio!

Peace

3. Matt
    January 8th, 2017 @ 3:31 pm

I am having the same difficulties and frustrations when attempting to access the audio files. There is no line under “book extras”, and no apparent way to download the audio tracks.

4. David
    January 8th, 2017 @ 3:37 pm

What browser are you using? I understand that it’s different depending on which one you use. I can work it in either Internet Explorer or Firefox. You may want to try one of those. Let me know if you’re still having problems with it.

Peace

5. Caleb Lowry
    February 28th, 2017 @ 10:40 pm

Downloaded the tracks and went to play them and there is nothing there. No recording get for each lesson. Really disappointed because this book has a lot of great things in it. Just wish I had an audio file to help me along.and I’ve tried all the different browsers you’ve suggested in your previous comments.

6. David
    March 4th, 2017 @ 9:25 pm

Hi Caleb

Please email me directly (dhodgeguitar@aol.com) and I’ll see what I can do to fix this for you. Looking forward to chatting with you soon.

Peace

7. Terry Wright
    March 21st, 2017 @ 5:49 pm

Using IPhone and can’t get anything on guitar therory

8. David
    April 26th, 2017 @ 8:02 pm

Hi Terry

I’ll have to check to see what’s up with that. Will write back when I have more info.

Peace

9. Dave
    May 7th, 2017 @ 10:14 pm

Went to web page for “Playing Guitar” above and it reports that the page doesn’t exist, any idea where the audio files can be found?

10. Pierre
    May 8th, 2017 @ 10:52 pm

Hi David

I am having exactly the same problem. When I click on the link for Guitar Theory, I get a message that says:

404: DOES NOT COMPUTE!

I have also bought the book and I cannot use the links; it is quite frustrating.

What can you do? Those DK lawyers have to respect former customers. This is no far-west.

Pierre

11. Linda
    May 15th, 2017 @ 8:23 am

Hi Mr David Hodge,

I’m having the same problem as well. I cant seem to download the audio files for your book, Idiot’s Guide to Guitar Theory. Your book is really useful so it would be even awesome
    if i can get the audio files. When i click yr link, it shows error 404,a DK webpage. I stay in Asia so I dnt no is it because of the global directory thing. Any ways i can download your audio files?

Look forward to your reply very soon!
    Many thanks!

Cheers!

12. Colm murphy
    June 1st, 2017 @ 5:32 am

There is no book extras on the Di menu after clicking on the link you gave

13. Colm murphy
    June 1st, 2017 @ 5:33 am

Dk I meant

14. Gabriel Adlewr
    June 3rd, 2017 @ 8:54 am

Hello,

I just tried to access the “Playing Guitar” content at the link you provided above, and got a “Sorry, the page you’re trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist” message.

My email is gabrieladler@gmail.com.

Would be grateful if you could email me the files or point me to another URL. Your book is excellent!

Thanks,

Gabriel

15. Alfredo Pirrone
    June 4th, 2017 @ 9:36 pm

Hi David

I bought your Guitar Theory book but the link you provide here did not work. I finally found it here: https://www.dk.com/us/9781615646364-guitar-theory/?Format=eBook
    Maybe you want to have a look at this and update your page.

Alfredo

16. Jane
    June 8th, 2017 @ 8:41 pm

Just purchased Idiot’s Guides Playing Guitar. Tried to access audio content files via Firefox and am unable to get to online audio tracks. Error message says site is unavailable. I will be returning the book to B & N as it’s not complete without the audio tracks.

17. Mike
    June 13th, 2017 @ 11:17 am

Hello David, I followed your instructions, using firefox, and it worked perfectly I now have the files downloaded to my PC. I am not sure that this is the correct forum to ask a question BUT I will anyway in the arpeggios section, page 117 in the book, the tabs for the D chord are different, which is why I wanted the music to check.Apart from extra notes they sound the same to me

18. Darren
    July 26th, 2017 @ 6:05 pm

David, ALL the links you gave above are dead ends. All the links from dk either present as “Sorry, the page you’re trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist.” or the links download a .zip file with no file inside.
    Could you please fix this. I have been unable to find the audio files from “IG:Guitar Theory amongst others at ANY links online.

19. Zhe
    July 29th, 2017 @ 4:35 pm

The link to the audio files for Idiot’s Guides to playing guitar is not working. It says the page is not there. Please send me the audio files soon or I will have to return your book. Thanks

20. Darren
    July 30th, 2017 @ 6:24 pm

So the first two links (Songwriting & Ukulele) take you to the right website, but the .zip files do not contain any files when you try to download them. The second two sites (Playing Guitar, Guitar Theory) load to a 404 page.

21. Effie
    July 31st, 2017 @ 7:19 pm

Hello David,

I recently received “Idiot’s Guides: Playing Guitar” as a gift from my friends and am having trouble accessing the audio files. When I click on the link that you provided above (http://www.dk.com/us/9781615645701-idiots-guides-playing-guitar/) I get the following message on the webpage: “Sorry, the page you’re trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist.”. Is there any way I can get access to these audio files? Many thanks in advance for your time and help.

Best,
    Effie

22. Gabrielle Uzabakiliho
    July 31st, 2017 @ 7:41 pm

Hi I’m having the same issues as everyone else is using Google Chrome. Help?